Bio - Filmography
His first part was the lead role in French feature film Roberto Succo (2001). Recently he is one of the lead role of the Netflix tv series Into the Night - released in May 2020.
After high school he moves to Milano and in 1999 he graduated with a Master’s thesis at Design University of Politecnico di Milano, on the waiting in the spaces of mobility: in short, a study on the revolutionary potential of leisure time. Being Cultore della Materia and tenured teacher, in 2000 he unexpectedly began his acting career in Paris as the main role of the French film Roberto Succo by the director Cedric Kahn who was selected the following year at the Cannes Film Festival’s official competition and earned Stefano the 2002 César nomination for most promising male actor.
Since then, thanks to the four European agencies that represent him, he is regularly called to be part of the cast of films and tv-series in France, Italy and Germany. We can remember among others Nemmeno il Destino (Rotterdam Film Festival 2004 award winner, dir. Daniele Gaglianone) and Il resto della notte (dir. Francesco Munzi, Quinzaine de Realisateurs 2008). In 2007 the French TV series La Commune (dir. Jacques Audiard) with Tahar Rahim. In 2010 he is next to Michel Galabru in Katell Quillévéré's first film, Un Poison violent (Jean Vigo award winner and Quinzaine de Realisateurs).
The following year Stefano starred in Estelle Larrivaz's first work, Le Paradis des bêtes, with Geraldine Pailhas et Muriel Robin. In 2013 he starred in Enrico Maria Artale's The third half with Lorenzo Richelmy (Venice Film Festival) and in François Ozon's Young and Beautiful with Marine Vacth and Charlotte Rampling (Cannes Film Festival 2013). In 2014 he played the devil in the eponymous remake of Rosemary's Baby, Agnieszka Holland's US mini TVseries for NBC with Zoe Saldana and Jason Isaacs.
In 2017 he was in the successful French TVseries Black Spot 1 purchased by Netflix as well the most popular French series Spiral 6, and featured in the film by and with Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, The Summer House (Venice Film Festival). His first and only soft role arrives in the Bollywood blockbuster comedy The extraordinary journey of a Fakir (dir. Ken Scott) alongside Berenice Bejo and the Indian star Dhanush.
In 2018 he returned to Cannes with the first film by Vanessa Filho entitled Gueule d'Ange alongside Marion Cotillard, selected for the Caméra d'or of Un Certain Regard. After a short experience in the German theater (in Deutsch) at the Volksbühne in Berlin alongside legends Ingrid Caven and Helmut Berger with the direction of the Catalan filmmaker Albert Serra, he return to television in the popular Italian series A step from the sky 5.
In 2019 he takes on the role of legend Franco Nero's father in the German film The Collini Case, directed by Marco Kreuzpaintner also with Elyas M'Barek, based on the eponymous bestseller by Ferdinand von Schirach. Also in 2019 a leading role in the Netflix Into The Night series, written by the creator Jason George (Narcos, Nashville, Scandal) and inspired by the Polish science-fiction novel The Old Axolotl (Jacek Dukaj).
NotesIn parallel, since 2001 he did not abandon his passion for design and contemporary art by carrying out personal projects, exhibitions, performances, publications, inventions, patents and the design-construction of owned houses at Lake Garda (Italy) in the city of Berlin (Germany) and on the island of Lombok (Indonesia). Since 2009 Cassetti has been a certified member of the 5 Stars Movement. Stefano has been following the Zone Diet since 2011. Since 2004 he has lived between Paris, Berlin and Lake Garda. Since 1992 he has been collecting vespas and lambrettas from 1960-70.
- Roberto Succo, director Cédric Kahn, France (2001)
- Michel Vaillant, director Louis-Pascal Couvelaire, France (2003)
- Sulla mia pelle, director Valerio Jalongo, Italy (2003)
- Il giorno del falco, director Rodolfo Bisatti, Italy (2004)
- Nemmeno il destino, director Daniele Gaglianone, Italy (2004)
- Poltergay, director Éric Lavaine, France (2006)
- Alieno, directors Mauro J. Capece and Pierpaolo Moio, Italy (2007)
- Cowboy Angels, director Kim Massee, France (2007)
- Par suite d'un arret de travail du personnel, director Frédéric Andrei, France (2008)
- La joconde a disparu, director F. Lunel, France (2008)
- Il resto della notte, director Francesco Munzi, Italy (2008)
- Un poison violent, director Katell Quillévéré, France (2010)
- Noi credevamo, director Mario Martone, Italy (2011)
- Sette opere di misericordia, director Massimiliano and Gianluca De Serio, Italy (2011)
- Le paradis des bêtes, director Estelle Larrivaz, France (2012)
- Michel Kohlhaas, director Arnaud Des Pallières, France (2012)
- Il terzo tempo, director Enrico Maria Artale, Italy (2013)
- Jeune et jolie, director François Ozon, France (2013)
- Vinodentro, director Ferdinando Vicentini Orgnani, Italy (2013)
- Rosenn, director Yvan Le Moine, Belgium (2013)
- Outside the Box, director Philip Koch, Germany (2015)
- Funf Frauen, regia Olaf Krämer, Germania (2016)
- Il sogno di Francesco, directors Renaud Fely and Arnaud Louvet, France (2016)
- The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir, director Ken Scott, France-India (2018)
- Les Estivants, director Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, France (2018)
- Der Fall Collini, director Marco Kreuzpaintner, Germany (2019)
- Gueule d'Ange, director Vanessa Filho, France (2019)
- Beau Masque, filmtv TF1, director Peter Kassovitz, France (2005)
- Liberata, filmtv France3, director Philippe Carrèse, France (2005)
- La Commune, serietv Canal+, directors P.Triboit and Jacques Audiard, France (2007)
- L'arche de Babel, filmtv France3, director Philppe Carrèse, France (2008)
- Riens dans les poches, filmtv Canal+, director Marion Vernoux, France (2009)
- Rosemary's Baby, miniseries NBC, director Agnieszka Holland, USA (2014)
- Weihnachten Für Anfänger, filmtv ARD, director Sven Bohse, Germany (2014)
- Non uccidere, serietv Rai, director Giuseppe Gagliardi, Italy (2015)
- Maria Mafiosi, filmtv, director Jule Ronstedt, Germany (2016)
- Spiral 6, serietv Canal+, director Frederic Mermoud, France (2017)
- Black Spot 1, serietv Netflix, director Julien Despaux, France (2017)
- Un Passo dal Cielo 5, serietv Rai1, director Jan Michelini and Cosimo Dalemá, Italy (2019)
- Into The Night, series Netflix, creator Jason George, USA-Belgium (2020)
- Harter Brocken 5, filmtv ARD, director Anno Saul, Gernany (2020)